I don't know about you, but I've never been a fan of diaper bags. From an organizational standpoint, they're arguably great and very useful. But from an aesthetic standpoint, not so much. Who really wants to carry around a bag with cartoon-like characters in girly pink or little boy blue—something that screams baby? Not it!
And while I recognize that fashionable diaper bags aplenty exist, I have to admit that overtime the oversized bags—chic or not—become overstuffed with unnecessary baby items (just in case, right?) and prove overly burdensome on one's shoulders and back. (Yes, I overused "over" to illustrate that I'm so over this mommy must have.) So now that the Little Dude has graduated to toddlerhood and I've learned that I don't need to tote around enough paraphernalia to survive a natural disaster, I've decided to downsize and ditch my diaper bag (which has served us well) in favor of a fashionable purse, tote, or crossbody bag that is still large enough to hold a few diapers, wipes, a changing pad, a snack and drink, and a toy or two.
Check out these great multipurpose alternatives that can serve as non-diaper diaper bags:
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Sneaky Snake Franny Embossed Tote $358
- Volcom Stone Spirit Tote $45.50
- Vera Bradley Get Carried Away Tote $88
- Nine West Central Time Stripe Large Tote $99
- Melie Bianco Hayden $90
- Mossimo Crossbody Brown $10.39
- Matt & Nat Florence Nickel Vegan $63
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Knapsack $178
- Matt & Nat Ikat Vegan Devo $235
- Big Buddha Harper $99.95
- Converse One Star Satchel $36.99
- Forever 21 Double-Zipper Oversized Shoulder Bag $44.80
Bonus: They'll continue to have a place in your closet once the baby is, wait for it, grown.
~ The Other Sarah